Fuzzmatazz – An Introduction to DJ Fuzz.
Ask almost any urban music aficionado, to name a prominent Malaysian hip hop DJ, rest assured, the name DJ Fuzz always seems to be the normal basic response. While many would credit this notation for popularity, DJ Fuzz is well known because of his quality music, and love for it.
Fuzz's real name, Farzwa De Attaher Emir, or to most Malaysians, DJ Fuzz, hails from the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Initially a fan of urban music, his rise to DJ stardom began at the turn of the millennium, in the year 1999, when he enrolled into Malaysia's first ever DJ school, Playaz Universe.
Upon completion, Fuzz stayed on as advisor to the more sophisticated professional courses offered at the school. After years of experience in nurturing and enhancing talent, DJ Fuzz started his very own institution. The Mixology DJ Academy, was established in 2005, and located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city. As the urban music hip hop scene is growing and in demand, Mixology DJ Academy will soon be operating across Malaysia .
DJ Fuzz also represents Stylustiks, one of leading DJ crew in Malaysia . Stylustiks consists of Fuzz himself, DJ Uno (Pop Shuvit), and DJ Cza (Ahli Fiqir). The last few years, this crew has been touring around Asian countries such as Japan, China, Thailand, Laos, Philippines on a monthly basis and has established a substantial amount of loyal followers across the region.
The Jack Of All Trades
Not contented with the response of urban music in Malaysia, DJ Fuzz makes it a point to making appearances, spinning regularly at various top Kuala Lumpur hip hop clubs and events, and even having his own radio show, The 7 o' clock Breaks wit' DJ Fuzz, on Red 104.9 FM, and Fly FM to increase exposure nationwide.(DJ Fuzz currently now stands as the only Malaysian urban DJ to have his very own hip hop Mixshow, aptly called, Club Hitz, on HITZ.FM (Malaysia’s No.1 Hit Music Station), which has 2 millions listeners daily.
He also contributed to the Dragon Magazine, having his own column, "Mari Belajar DJ", (or Let's Learn DJ) teaching the finer points of DJ-ing in 2004.
DJ Fuzz also has a collection of championships under his belt, being the winner for The Vestax Extravaganza, as well as The Pioneer Digital DJ Battle Championships. DJ Fuzz is the only individual to have won the Pioneer Digital DJ Battle 3 years in a row (more recently in 2005), as well as being the first Malaysian DJ to have done so.
Recently, DJ Fuzz was inducted into the prestigious, and largest worldwide coalition of top rated DJs in the world, The Bum Squad, as an official Bum Squad DJ based in Los Angeles, USA. This induction comes as recognition to the abilities and contributions of a DJ to the music scene.
The Next Scratch… (We mean, Step)
As experience is the greatest teacher, DJ Fuzz is now currently into producing, creating wicked beats or tunes for local and regional artists. His single “KL to Beirut” which features middle eastern hip hop artists, MC Moe and DJ Lethal Skillz has received a positive feedback from the fans from the middle east and the video has been featured on MTV Arabia for a few months while at the same time topping the local charts. Among the artistes that he has produced and collaborated for, are, the Malique (Too Phat), Joe Flizzow, The Fabolous Cats, MC Moe (Lebanon/France), K-Town Clan, Altimet, Mizznina, KLG Sqwad and many more.
Xrossfade, his new clothing line is gaining popularity across the country. This project started in 2008 and is still progressing until today.
Mixology, DJ Fuzz's first official Malaysian mixtape, is generating good response, as well as rave reviews from the Malaysian media, apart from doing very well in all good Malaysian music stores. It features tracks from worldwide hip-hop artists such as Cesar Comanche and Encore from the States, the UK's Sinnikal, Koko DMV and Bonafide from Singapore, Soulid of Indonesia and a veritable who's who of independent Malaysian talent.
Notable remarks on Mixology by the Malaysian media:
"It would definitely get one all excited again about hip hop music"
The Malay Mail, April 21st 2004
"This is real hip hop… this sounds like an international album, the quality is that good"
JUICE Magazine, April 2004
"You have to gice this album due respect… Mixology sidesteps major pitfalls with easy confidence"
KLue Magazine #59, May 2004
And riding the massive response from the masses, Mixology 2 is in the works and on the way and features brilliant contributions from more countries like the Czech Republic, Lebanon, Japan and Australia.
For more information on DJ Fuzz, contact email@example.com
DJ Fuzz Discography
Album Projects and Appearances
* Message For The Masses Compilation, Gecko Records, April 2002
* Phat Family Compilation, Positive Tone/EMI, July 2002
* How's The Level- Teh Tarik Crew, Teh Tarik Records/Positive Tone/EMI, October 2002
* Return Of The Boom Box- Poetic Ammo, Positive Tone/EMI, March 2003
* What's Next?-Teh Tarik Crew, Teh Tarik Records, Sony BMG Malaysia 2004
* Mixology – DJ Fuzz, Teh Tarik Records 2004
* Monumental- the Journey Continues, Reshmonu, Sony BMG Malaysia 2005
* Vallavan-Yogi B and Nachatra, Maestro Records 2006
* Mixology (Junk Magazine Edition)-DJ Fuzz-Junk Music Magazine 2007
* Straight to the Point- Point Blanc,Voyeur Records/Warner Records 2007
* Veera Puranam-Chakrasonic-Chakra Sonic
* Mixology 2 -DJ Fuzz-Mixology Music 2008
* OK-Malique,Qarma Music 2008
* Hyperkosmik-The Fabolous Catz ,Metadorm 2008
* Kondattam-D’Navigator, Opuz Entertainment, 2009
Awards and Recognitions
* Playaz/Ecler DJ Championship 2002 (Scratch Champion)
* Malaysian Vestax Extravaganza DJ Championship 2002 (Finalist)
* Malaysian Vestax Extravaganza DJ Championship 2003 & 2004 (Champion)
* Pioneer Digital DJ Battle 2003, 2004 & 2005 (Champion)
* Asian Pioneer Digital Battle 2006 (First Runner up)
* Official Member of the Bum Squad DJz Worldwide (www.bumsquaddjz.com)
* VOIZE Independent Music Awards-Best Club DJ-2009
For Bookings and enquiries contact;
Ms Yaniz Merican : 0122689111